Printing in Art

Currently the kids are learning about Print Making in Art with Mrs. van Gaalen. They have to come up with an idea, draw it out on paper, trace it over so that their "picture" is transferred onto a rubber mat that they then carve out to form their template. They then cover their template by rolling paint over it, place it on paper and then "print" their picture. Some new challenges like learning how to carve with tools and add details into a template as well as using the right amount of paint to produce a clear images were obstacles that they had to overcome. 





















15 comments:

  1. Cool very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great and it interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked doing this project because it was fun and cool. The cool thing about it was making our own design, The fun was when we got to pick which color we wanted to use and, the best part was when we traced the picture on the lino.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was there at art, and I think that what is written here is correct. The printmaking was AWESOME and I enjoyed. This story is SO true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was really AWESOME doing the lino print !!! My lino print was of a hotdog because I went to a rugby match and had 2 hotdodgs (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It was really fun cutting and making are pictures. I had fun It was challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that you took a picture of all most every body in the class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pictures! : ]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed making the lino print because I got to show people what was important to me. I liked that we got to use tools to help us make the print. Cutting the lino, using the roller and pasting the print was a lot of FUN!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked print making a lot! My favorite part about it is cutting and tracing on the lino. My lino is about an aquarium. Art is a lot of FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed the printing and reading this blog post all together as a class.I´d rather read it as a class then by myself. :}

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked it When we did art because It was fun carving the lino and printing it on the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Doing this was very fun at the carving stage.

    ReplyDelete